Vacancy: Research Integrity and Peer Review Co-Editor-in-Chief
Research Integrity and Peer Review is an international open access journal that encompasses all aspects of integrity in research publication, including peer review, study reporting, and research and publication ethics. The journal covers all research on the functioning of science, and particular consideration is given to submissions that address current controversies and limitations in the field and offer potential solutions.
Established in 2016, the journal is owned and published by BMC, part of Springer Nature. Research Integrity and Peer Review is committed to improving quality, transparency and reproducibility of research and is relevant across all disciplines. Contents of the journal are accessed over 32,900 times each month.
BMC is seeking to appoint a Co-Editor-in-Chief to succeed Dr Joerg Meerphol, who stepped down from the role in December 2021. The co-Editor-in-Chief will work alongside Dr Mario Malički.
The newly appointed Co-Editor-in-Chief will have full editorial responsibility for the content published in Research Integrity and Peer Review, and for ensuring that the ethos, editorial standards, policies and scope of the journal are maintained. They will also be responsible for providing strategic guidance and overseeing the commissioning of the non-research content.
The ideal candidate is expected to demonstrate:
- Expertise in the field of research integrity or study reporting, and their impact in the field with an extensive publication history.
- Experience as a journal Editor, with strong critical analysis and appraisal skills, and a good understanding of peer review and publication ethics.
- Keen support of open access publishing.
- Strong leadership.
- Excellent strategic planning skills with the ability to develop a clear vision for Research Integrity and Peer Review.
- Interest in building strong community relationships with experts at all levels.
- Keen to innovate and continuously develop Research Integrity and Peer Review.
- Engaged with technology and willing to use the journal's online submission and peer review tools.
- Able to dedicate time on a regular basis to a growing journal.
Research Integrity and Peer Review is currently supported by the Editorial Office run by the publisher for the administrative services, and is further supported by a team of Associate Editors and Editorial Board Members. The position offers a small honorarium; whilst the time commitment is flexible, we anticipate the post-holder would also have a full-time position elsewhere.
Springer Nature is committed to our diversity, equity and inclusion strategy, and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Term of appointment
The term of office will be for three years.
Further details regarding the role and a detailed job description can be downloaded here.
Applications should include a full CV, a letter explaining your interest in the post, and an outline of what your editorial policy and vision might be. Applications should be sent to Suzuki Limbu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications
Sunday, 22nd May 2022
Interviews and start date
Applications will be acknowledged upon receipt and all individuals will be notified if they have reached the interview stage by 30th May. Interviews will be held in the weeks following the closing date for applicants. The start date for this position is June 2022.